Friday, June 10, 2011

Tutorial: Ocean Wave Nails

I did a simple nail look today that was inspired by the ocean waves. I've had this idea in my head for a while and I think it just looks so cool on my nails!

Here are the products I used..
Seche Clear base coat and Seche Vite top coat.
Two NailRitz pens in blue and white, China Glaze Shower Together, China Glaze For Audrey, A Color Club Nail Art Brush in Turquoise Glitter, Mango Miracle Cuticle Remover, a nail file, a cuticle pusher, and I also used a small nail art brush but I forgot to include it in the photo.

So the first thing I did was use my base coat and then apply two coats of China Glaze Shower Together.

Next, I used the NailRitz pen in blue to create the outline of the ocean wave.

After that, I took my small nail art brush, which you can get for a couple dollars at Sally's probably, and I filled in the wave with China Glaze For Audrey.

I took the NailRitz pen in white and just highlighted the inside curl of the wave.

The last color I used was a Color Club nail art brush in turquoise glitter and I just added this sparsely inside the wave to give it some dimension.

After adding Seche Vite top coat this is the finished look.


Hope you enjoyed.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment